Who says you can’t have a chocolate dessert for breakfast? This brownie is healthy enough to be eaten at anytime of the day. That is probably one of the best things about eating healthy, you can have your favourite healthified treats for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1/4 cup of flour (I used buckwheat)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana
- 3 tbsp water/ non dairy milk of choice
- (optional) 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp carob powder (optional)
- 1 slice nectarine
Mix all the dry ingredients for the brownie into a mixingbowl. Now add the wet ingredients and mix again. Put the brownie mixture into a plastic microwavable tray (I used a 11x9x5 tray), with some parchment paper. But it in the microwave for 45 sec- 1 1/2 min. Depending on how cakey or fudgy you want it to be.
Mix the frozen banana (and vanilla powder) into a food processor and take a ice cream scoop to put some on the brownie.
Finally mix the cacao, (carob) and water together and pour the sauce on top of the vanilla ice cream.