Summer is all about exploring. Not only going to new places, but also trying new things in your own neighbourhood and discovering who you are as a person. I think that making a bucket list is an activity on it self, but I also keeps you motivated and excited for summer. I am that person who gets bored in the holiday and does not know what to do, but hopefully this bucket list will stop me from doing that.
I saw this great bucket list made by Anna from A Spoonful of Nature and thought that I should make one just for myself too. When I commented on her post that I loved the idea of a bucket list and that I would write one for myself to keep me motivated, she said that she would like to read it. This inspired me to actually share it with you all!
Here are some of the things that I would love to do this summer!
- Sleep in my fathers car and spend the night watching the stars through the window in the roof. I want to put a matras in the back of the car and change the car into a little cozy space with christmas lights, pillows and dreamcatchers. I will drink some tea, read a book and when it is getting dark and the stars are about to shine, I will take a moment and watch the stars through the window in the roof of the car. As you may know I love enjoying the little things in nature, but I feel like I don’t spent enough time enjoying the beautiful things nature has to offer at night.
- Redecorate my room. My room has been this way for a long time now and I feel that it is time to make a change. I never spend time in my room, so I want to make it a bit more cozy and special and hopefully I feel like spending more time there.
- Make a watermelon cake decorated with fruit. I have wanted a watermelon cake for my birthday for ages, but because my birthday is in March I never had a chance. Now summer is finally here, I want to recelebrate my birthday with a beautiful watermelon cake covered in fruit!
- Learn photography. I am one of those people who wants to start taking better pictures, but does not have enough knowledge so uses the automatic mode. Now I have time enough, so I feel that this is a great oppertunity to start really getting in to photography.
- Do some creative projects. As you may know, boredom has been a problem for me lately, but I feel that I am starting to feel a little more motivated to do some more creative projects. I can’t wait to start imaginating and creating, like I used to do.
- Go to a fruitmarket. Fruitmarkets are one of my favourite things in the world. I would love to go to a foreign country like Thailand and visit one of the big markets. But lets start small and find a great market, just here in the Netherlands.
- Make my own clothing pieces. I always see beautiful clothing on the Internet, but it is either not available in the Netherlands or it is way too expensive. So this summer I will be making some of those things myself.
- Go watch the sunset at the little bridge in the meadow behind our backyard. I don’t know why I have never done this before, because it is only a five minute walk to get there. The little bridge is such a magical place and I think that the sunset would make it even better.
- Go to a second hand store or jumble sale. You might think that this is weird, but I love looking through old crap that people sell for a low price at second hand stores and jumble sales. The things that I would love to find this summer are old fashioned plates, cups and cutlery for food photography and maybe some cool stuff for my room.
- Try a new fruit or vegetable. There are a lot of fruits and vegetables that I like, but I would love to find a new fruit or vegetable that I have never heard of and from which I do not know how it tastes. I think that it is so exciting trying something that you don’t have any idea of how it tastes.
What are some of the things that you would like to do this summer?